Pocket Mindmap Forum

Forum dedicated to technical support for Pocket Mindmap
Welcome to Pocket Mindmap Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Very annoying (but easy to fix!) bug and a memory issue

Last post 07-28-2008, 16:09 by drizo72. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-24-2008, 14:55 81527

Very annoying (but easy to fix!) bug and a memory issue

Hi,

I have purchased your FANTASTIC program couple of weeks ago, and I am really amazed. However, I wonder if you could fix this very annoying issue.

Everytime I open a topic and go to its text notes, the text comes all preselected (highlighted). This has caused me severe damages many times as I accidentally press a button and ALL my text notes for the specific topic are gone, zip, deleted! ouch!!!! Lost my meeting minutes this way just yesterday... not very pleasing...

Could you change this behaviour? Opening text notes without selecting all text in them first?

The same applies for HTML, haven't checked it though....

Thanks...

And another thing, I tried to open a large MindManager document and the Pocket Mindmap responded: out of memory. Just how big mindmap files can I load on my pocket PC with Pocket Mindmap? (Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket LOOX 720, about 70MB of free RAM usually)

Thanks once more,

Dimitris

Athens, Greece.

•  01-29-2008, 23:18 82082 in reply to 81527

Re: Very annoying (but easy to fix!) bug and a memory issue

Hello,

thank you for reporting this. We will fix this in the next version.
    How large is your mindmap?

Best Regards,

Jutta Klebe
    JKRB Software

•  02-20-2008, 15:56 84064 in reply to 82082

The file was about 5MB. It included embedded images in notes.

In the mean time I found another issue. If you change the template of your map (ie colours) and select a dark background and white fonts, then on the outline view you have a problem as the background is always white and cannot be changed! So you cannot view those topics that use white font color in the map view. Could you change this behaviour? Either display everything in black and white in the outline view, or allow the color of the background to change in the outline view.

Thanks

Dimitris.

•  07-28-2008, 16:09 96069 in reply to 84064

Hello? Anybody there? Will you ever reply to me?

Tried another 600Kb map, still get out of memory error... My guess is this has to do with the way pocket mindmap loads the files onto memory... a partial load could help perhaps.. I know my maps have lengthy notes and images in them, but you don't have to load the full file onto ram before displaying it...

Btw, when is the new version scheduled for? Still miss your promised bug fix...

Best Regards,

Dimitris

View as RSS news feed in XML